Saturday, April 30, 2011

Overnight Misadventures

The excitement of getting one of the newer buses quickly wore off when I was suddenly trapped by an overweight old woman who had me squished between my bags and the window. The frustration sunk in when I realized I had chosen a seat without a power outlet. So here I was finally leaving Los Angeles but without the satisfaction of having unlimited access to my Twitter, Blogger, and Facebook in fear of eating up my battery.

When we got into Sacramento at 5:55am a scheduled hour layover quickly took over my funk. I snatch the seat across the aisle which I had been eyeballing since it had one of the beloved outlets. Thinking I was all smart for thinking fast, that too soon diminished when I reboarded the bus only to find that the outlet was powerless.

After much inquiry and many long hours of impatient waiting while I watched my batteries slowly drain, the issue was finally remedied. Now I'm back to tweeting, Facebooking, and blogging for the rest of the trip.. Next stop, Medford, OR