Monday, March 1, 2010

My Artistic Wave Of Brilliance

Some say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. My twist on that classic phrase? When life gives you drama, make art.

It feel like I have so many life changes going on right now. The experience of starting a new friendship, but watching it whither away. Feeling as though I suddenly stepped out one day and I was noticed for being me and reminded that I was appreciated. For someone who doesn't receive appreciation gestures a lot, it's a fantastic feeling.

This time in my life where I'm at the tail end of my 24th bridge in life, I'm mere steps away from 25. It's almost as though I threw away my old mentality, and traded it for something more responsible, practical, and cautious. With all these transformations and events happening, it's made me want to dive into the art world. Drown myself in paint, bury my face in music, and remind myself not to think, only create.

I'm looking forward to the party and seeing friends, being able to entertain in my home, and just feeling good. I've got a pretty great menu planned. It will be barbaric and what I would imagine I would have for my crew. Very excited :D