Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Clue To The Mystery

 At 27 years old, I finally feel like I'm starting to discover who I am. 10 years ago I was just a naive and lost little girl running from the past, and unsure of the future. I was desensitized of true feeling, and incapable of real trust of others. If someone asked me to describe myself, I could recall I had eyes, voice, and things people wanted to hear that you are so you can be accepted. But who I really was, was still a mystery to me.

I see now it was just a matter of inexperience, lack of social interaction, and unfamiliarity with my surroundings. It was a mixture of who am I supposed to be, and who do I want to be. Being in Los Angeles this last 10 years has provided a plethura of characters and influences. Almost a sin city in itself. I feel like I grew up here. Learned my hardest lessons, ate the most crow. Survived the greatest nightmare.

Now that I have reached a new chapter, I feel like I just took a step up in my life's stairs. It's brighter, happier, content. A strange feeling for me. As one who has been chased by misfortune and heartache, this is like taking your first breath into a new life. A new adventure.