Saturday, June 16, 2012

I am Pirate. Hear me Argh!

I realized the other day that I haven't spent a single night on land since the middle of February. This month I've discovered my love for this vessel that I currently call home. And I recently realized I don't get seasick, I get land sick.

I feel most accomplished when I fix and clean this boat. It's something I could never part with now. It's become my love and when I'm on land all I can think about it getting back on this boat. I am eternally tied to the sea.


I've always felt like I was a pirate. And during the ninja vs. pirate conversations, I would always root for the pirate. You can kill a pirate but they'll return. When you kill a ninja, all you have is a dead ninja. But before all this devotion, I had a tattoo done that was originally a piece by Roman Dirge. The sentence "Worst Pirate Ever!", with a dead and disappointed looking pirate who has a sword and spear stuck through him. I was attracted to the fact that it was funny and a good conversation starter. Plus I liked pirates so why not. Now, I see it as I won't be the worst pirate ever cause where there's a will there's a way and I'm pirating my way through life and loving it.